Thursday, March 5, 2009

Deployment to Sather AB, Iraq - 10

Well here is another post. How's everyone doing? Here, not too bad although I don't feel real well today. Have a headache and so forth. Today was rather fun though. Several of us had the opportunity to train some Iraqi medics/nurses and civilian medical folks on medevac procedures. Afterwards, we took a flight around Baghdad. Pretty cool. I flew last year on my Balad deployment with the Charlie Co. medics so this was a refresher. Got some great shots. Hopefully, if my internet will cooperate, I can send some via email. Stand by for that because internet is really spotty around here most of the time!

Life here at Sather: Well it varies really. Some ground rules are that we can't travel off base without weapons and ammo, our Body Armour, and a buddy. We don't have to carry weapons around here all the time so they stay locked up in the armory. Our medical facility has sick call hours from 0700-1100.

OK, so we just took incoming fire and we have to get into ready positions. I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment